Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grad student life

Except for a pressure to publish & graduate, I really like my job(s) these days. 
I'm in the lab roughly seven days a week. Of course, I'm not working at the bench every single minute. It's kinda like back and forth between office and bench; I'm mostly at the office actually, reading/documenting stuff, listening to music, sketching out random ideas. I'm pretty lucky that most of what I do don't require that much time to set up and implement ..and also don't cost that much relative to the lab budget. To be honest, many experiments I ran just because I'm curious to see what happen (oh, yeah my advisor has to remind me from time to time to stay focus). When things don't work, I joked about it with folks in the lab; when things do work..well, we celebrate. Early in the morning, late evening and weekend are my favorite time in the lab, actually. It's so quiet..the building (Y2E2) is locked..I can sit, lay down, roll around anywhere..any meeting rooms..any whiteboard..any table any couch ..from the basement to the third floor. Let imagination go wild.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment