Sunday, October 28, 2012

Eating habit -Q&A

Abhijit and I have been working on developing business that helps people eat healthy food. We got stuck during our last few meeting possibly because we still don't know our potential customers well enough (who are they by the way? anyone? college students? retirees? moms with kids?)..we are not sure yet whom to focus on, what they want, what their problems and constrains are, etc. I think setting good interview sessions and reflect up them will help us move forward.
So what should we ask? Let me try this hypothetical Q and A interviewing with myself.

Q1. Tell me about what you eat today?
A1. I woke up late this morning ..around 10.20 am. and had a pretty tight schedule to today. I had two slices of toasted whole wheat bread..spread with orange marmalade. That's all for the morning because lunch time is only less than two hours away. I rushed to the lab and set up some experiment. I had a few pieces Trader Joe's dark chocolate raisin as a snack while I'm working on my lab book in the office. I went out for lunch after 1 pm to Tressider and got one foot-long Tuna sandwich on flat bread with spinach, tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, black pepper, lite mayonnaise + two glasses of water. I had a meeting from 2-4.30 pm, went back to lab and stayed there till about 8 pm. During that time I was back and forth between lab bench and office. I again had some Trader Joe's dark chocolate raisin as a snack while I'm in the office. I went back home, cooked dinner: fried rice (from leftover rice in the fridge with some frozen shrimp, one egg, leftover seasoned tofu, leftover deep fried fished, frozen corn, frozen green pea)..maybe a few glasses of water after that...I finished cooking and started eating around 9 pm... That's probably it for today.

Q2. Tell me about your current goals regarding you diet?
A2. Well, I have general goals that we all know..like..more fiber, less processed food, more fruit and vegetable.. less sodium.. etc. I probably have another specific goal of having food often enough to at least keep my weight. I'm pretty skinny and in the process of building muscle through exercise..I would probably need to have more food to do that. From my experience, I easily loss weight (e.g. loss muscle) if I leave my stomach empty for too long.. say, skipping breakfast or lunch of a few days.. I probably loss weight. I have no idea about my level of blood sugar, cholesterol, BP or renal function so I don't really know if i have should have any other food restriction.

Q3 Tell me about the time you eat healthy
A3..mostly when i had lighter schedule..you know if have time to think about different menus...have time to stroll through supermarket looking for interesting fresh recipe..you know good food needs lots of planning!
Oh and of course another time is when I visited home and my mom took care of all the food ..haha. Luckily she's a big fan of healthy food.

...what else?
11.50 pm, October 2012 Palo Alto CA 94306


No comments:

Post a Comment