Wednesday, October 17, 2012

recruiting email


Hi ..
I’m still recruiting more people to join my project described below:
High-level idea:
I believe I found a “reverse-outsourcing niche” in which it is more efficient for high skill workers in developing worlds to reverse-outsource their work to low skill workers in developed worlds.

Specific working problems:
Biotechnology research that help improve crop, medicine and environment requires manipulation of DNA. Without research infrastructure and local companies that supply cheap/high quality reagents, DNA manipulation by scientists in developing countries, say Thailand,  is least 3 time slower and more expensive than in the US..and typically required  lots of training. There is a need for cutting down cost & time to enhance research output and improve pp quality of life
Here in the Bay Area held largest DIYbio community, those who believe that biotechnological advance could be contributed by entrepreneurial business. With a number of local reagent suppliers, simple DNA manipulation can be done fast, cheap and doesn’t require much training. A community lab already exists. Excited individuals are already there. Yet, they have no marketable product thus far. There is a need to find short cycle, cheap, marketable project. 
 What if we can link these two together? What if some basic DNA manipulation work in Thailand could be outsourced to here...with the total cost &time less than their current practices?

Note: What I’m really interested in (and need help with) is not a biology problem but a management and supply chain problem. I picked DNA manipulation as specific working problem to start with because it is my area of expertise and I already have good connections with potential customers on each side. Nonetheless, I’m open to work other variant of specific working problems.

Let me know if you are interested and chatting more,
-Ton

No comments:

Post a Comment